photo by Red Poppy Photo
Fitz Winters is my fourth, he’s been proceeded by one sister, two brothers, and thousands of dollars invested in baby gear. In the past six years, I’ve become something of an expert on infant essentials. There are items I bought and never used, items I couldn’t wait to throw out once they were outgrown, and items that I wanted to adopt as another member of the family they were so lovely and helpful. Baby gates will fall into everyone’s “they were so lovely and helpful” category, if you’re looking for one of the best baby gates, look into this review of 12 baby gates if you’re babyproofing with a gate. Anyway so in an effort to save you some cash, time, and sanity, I’m offering up my top 10 list.
Since I didn’t want you to listen to 20 minutes of vlog babble, I condensed my video in my top 5.
But here, in writing, where I can edit and condense my thoughts, I’m giving you all 10. Enjoy!
- Babyletto Lolly Crib With four kids, we can no longer afford the space to give our newest baby his own room. The tiny footprint on this little Babyletto nest saves so much space without compromising style or functionality. I love it’s mid-century modern lines and it’s ability to convert to a toddler bed.
- BabyBjorn Balance Soft Mesh Bouncer aka Fitz’s recliner and one of his favorite spots to spend time with the family. This bouncer is lightweight, folds down, and is easy to move anywhere and everywhere we go, including outings and trips. I appreciate that it’s free of visual and audible noise, and that the cover is removable and machine washable. Baby F has already had three blow outs in it which haven’t left a mark to scar the beauty of this piece.
- Petunia Picklebottom North Stop City Caryall (Special Edition) With its gold hardware and sophisticated shape, I would shoulder this satchel even if I didn’t need to tote around a veritable newborn/toddler bar and three sizes of diapers. It’s durable, organized, and solicits compliments regularly.
- Mitani Designs Jumbo Contoured Burp Cloths – Premium Organic Collection This is my third baby boy with an extremely weak esophageal flap, which means my biological babies spit up at least half of what they eat. In consequence I wear burp cloths like armor and these ones are large enough to actually protect your clothing from spit up and stay secure on your shoulder because of the contoured shape. Another option is the Vic Modern Baby Organic Bandanna Bib, or what I call the Barfdanna. These not only save me from laundry in the short term but they save me from spit up stains in the long term.
- Miracle Blanket Swaddle There are nights when I would pay triple digits for another hour of sleep. Therefore the miracle blanket swaddle is easily worth 10 times what I paid for it as it has kept all four of my babies snug and sleeping for hours longer. What sets this one apart is that it continues to secure those startling limbs beyond the standard couple of weeks of most swaddle blankets. I’ve swaddled my babies up until close to a year.
- Ergobaby Performance Collection Ventus Baby Carrier Since I would love to have at least four sets of hands, one for each of my children, I am grateful that the ErgoBaby Carrier allows me to keep my only two hands free while keeping my baby close. It’s comfortable enough to wear for several hours, and I love that this one is breathable for both you and baby.
- Loulou Lollipop Silicone Bead Pacifier Clip If you’ve ever searched for a pacifier at 3 in the morning, you’ll love this clip as much as I do. And lately FW’s teething gums are just as interested in the silicon beads.
- Orbit Baby G3 Stroll & Drive Combo In two words: life changing. The orbit swivel mechanism makes it easy to get into and out of the car, while the wide fabric strap saves your forearm. The stroller easily maneuvers in tight spaces, and you can take it down or pop it back up with one hand. Finally the carseat gods must have listened because the entire cover is easy to remove, machine wash, and I don’t need a manual or a prayer to put it back on.
- Puj Flyte Infant Bath Even though I’ve mentioned it before more than once, I have to mention the Puj Tub again. Every mom needs one of these. It’s a lot easier to enjoy parenting when it’s easy. Puj makes baby bathtime easy, no small feat considering you’re adding wet and soapy to an already small, wiggly delicate. The tub nestles into your sink in seconds, keeps his/her tiny body secure and accessible the entire wash period, and basically disappears as soon as you’re done. Queue heart eyes.
- Oilo Sticks Crib Bedding 300 threadcount means these sheets are as soft as they are pretty. Since your baby sheets become the backdrop of so many pictures and memories, I love how pretty and simple these are.
I’d love to hear what you recommend in the comments too. Let me know your baby favorites.