My Mother’s Day Gift: 3 Easy Steps to Cute & Casual Everyday Outfits

My gift to mothers of newborn babies, spouse babies, dog babies, work babies, parent babies, and all other babies.  A fail proof formula for respectable dress whatever your mothering tasks require.

Step One - first, familiarize yourself with the 5 categories of fashion interest.

1) color: a single pop or an unexpected combination
2) pattern: florals, stripes, polka dots, paisley, graphic prints
3) textures: lace, fur, woven, or knitted
4) shape: strong lines, asymmetric cuts, fluid architecture
5) shine: metallic, glitter, gems

Step Two - select at least three features to upgrade your ensemble from ordinary to exceptional.

Step Three - look fabulous, feel comfortable.

shop the video:

women’s video

Happy Mother’s Day from Cardigan Empire!

Feed me fashionably fresh
Share on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterEmail to someone

Comments

I’m a long time lurker, and love all your videos and posts, but this one I will cherish forever… I AM your before pictures, but with the power of this post, hope to step it up a notch. It may be the missing link in my wardrobe cluelessness, Thank you! I am also a chronic “matchy-matcher” so if you need any additional blog ideas, hints on how to avoid that would be incredibly… life changing! :)

Jeni

Great video! I’ll make sure to use these tips. Lots of fun!! Also, Andrew and I gave Mother’s Day talks and I was thinking of you and the talk you gave in my parent’s ward way back when :)

Oh Marilyn, the fated infertility Mother’s Day talk. I was such a mess. I learned a lot writing that talk, but I’m not sure anyone could understand any of it. I’m sure your talk was delivered with much more composure and poise. I wish I could have been there :)

Reachel, I love your “three summer outfit ideas” on You-Tube. They are all so cool and colorful. Where can I find the colorful skirt and black t-shirt? Love the length of that skirt and the colors!! Thanks so much.

Thank you Reachel! I had looked at the link before, but did not see the skirt or top listed there. Thanks for getting back to me. :)

I also love that skirt, but can’t seem to find it. Is it an old or new Anthro skirt? I’ve tried to check their website, but still no luck.

Okay Reachel, you are such a doll. Seriously it was so fun chatting with you at ALT! I will be in touch about potential collaborations in the future :)
    xo