How to Pick your Best & Worst Colors

When it comes to color, there may be options in your closet that shouldn’t have made the qualifying race. Wearing the wrong color can make you ill. Sallow, ashen, and muddy complexions are all signs of color contamination. And the only protection against chromatic allergies is color composition cognizance, specifically, knowing your color category.
And you can start here:

Or you could also follow the pattern of your eyes:

If you find yourself stuck betwixt boxes, fear not, you may belong between.
The illustrated color wheel dynamically directs as we dye hair, tan skins, contact color eyes, or age.  But to begin, it’s best to analyze our natural roots.
Skin Tone

Eyes

Natural Hair Color

sponsored by:
Simone France,
try it to perfect your unique complexion
Review the 12 options diagrammed below, and comment on your color category?  Does it match up with your personal experience?

Get your own virtual color consultation

Feed me fashionably fresh
Share on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterEmail to someoneGoogle+

Comments

I’m a Spring – a warm one (I think). I have natural strawberry blonde/red hair, blue/grey/green eyes, and peachy undertones in my very fair, though not particularly freckled skin. I probably look most similar to Bryce Howard (at least in this photo – I think my hair is lighter). I had a hard time growing up with a mother who has roughly the same hair color but is an autumn (darker hair, brown eyes, lots of freckles when younger) and took it for granted that we were the same…NOT true.

2. Amber says

Hmmm… I think I am either a light spring or a light summer. I can’t quite settle on which one. And also, it appears that I have been wearing all the wrong colors! :) Thanks for breaking it down so well. I think it will prove
    to be very helpful to me

People have a hard time with my season, but I think I figured it out.

I think I am a clear winter or a clear spring because I can wear both of those colors. Your little pinwheel chart was helpful because it had something in between…a lot of websites are really confusing.

My eyes are dark, but still an amber jewel tone which is what throws people off.

What a very helpful chart! I went right away to the navy/royal blue as my absolute best neutral, and from there found myself at “light and cool”, a Summer. In my twenties I had my colours done and was pinned for a spring, which almost worked but not all of the time. I always look better in white than in cream. Could I be a “Light Summer”?

Frances Tyrell,

I would definitely categorize you on the cooler summer side of the continuum. However, I would consider soft summer over light summer based on your profile pic. If you have gone have added more blonde or gray to your hair since, you may have settled into light summer however.

Good luck,
    Reachel

What do you do if you have slate eyes (they change color from blue/green to pure grey with a white/yellow ring around the iris), WHITE skin (face cream, body olive), and strawberry hair that goes from light (summer) to medium (winter)? I think i look best in blacks, reds, and beige, but I wouldn’t mind more colours to add to that.

This is FASCINATING! I have always wondered why certain colors look good and others look meh.

I *think* I’m somewhere between a clear spring and a winter? I have ivory skin, hazel eyes (blueish green with an amber center) and brown hair… But I could be wrong, I suppose! I always get compliments when I wear bright royal blues- I think I know why now! Of course, I wish I could nail down which one I really am so I could figure out my best color palette. LOL

This is just such a neat way to try and figure out what colors work best.

I believe I am a warm spring or warm autumn, somewhere in the warm neighborhood. I have reddish golden blonde hair and greenish brown eyes with A LOT of gold in them as well as ivory skin.

Hi,

I can’t seem to figure out what season I am. I seem to lean towards a cool winter or cool summer, I think. Please help…

Characteristics:
    - look much better in navy and charcoal, than cream and brown
    - bluish veins
    - can’t decide if my skin is neutral beige or rosy
    - greyish blue eyes with a circle of yellow brown circle around the pupil.
    - dark brown hair (with a slight red tinge though!)
    - I don’t look good in black at all
    - I look washed out in light pastels

Thanks! (Can I email you a photo if the characteristics seem contradicting?)

10. Cristina says

Hi, totally love your blog!Still, I’m not sure if I’m a Deep Winter or a Deep Autumn, I can’t decide if I’m cool or warm, could I be just neutral? I have natural almost black hair, with some brown underlights(and salt and pepper), olive skin with some pale freckles and rosy cheeks (also, I tan easily, deep brown eyes with deep charcoal ring and no green undertones, and about my veins I can’t decide if their ar bluish or greenish…I naturally tend towards the deep winter colors, as I look horrible in yellow or orange based colors.

Had my colours done once and was told I was a Deep Autumn on the border of a Deep Winter… so I tried to base my wardrobe around that yet, I found it made my olive skin look sallow and yellow. I feel really good in deep chocolate and watermelon reds.
    After finding this page I scanned down the first skin tone and I leaned toward beige and brown rather than blue and grey. That took me to a warm and deep, but then the eyes confused me because my eyes identical to the cool and brilliant. I look more like the colouring of Liz Taylor in her emerald green dress, now in my later years and had more olive skin in my earlier years (must be the inability to get outside into the sunshine with 6 children). Who am I?
    At present I wear black a lot because I really can’t find my best colours.
    Who am I?
    Would like to find a basic neutral and have accessories around that in a colour that I KNOW suits me.
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Pardon the earlier response, i didn’t edit first.

12. Starbucks4m says

Could you please help me figure out my colors? I have dark blue eyes and medium brown hair that has hints of red when the sun shines on it. A makeup artist told me I have yellow undertones and I tan fairly easy. I like wearing blues and grays, but even though I like black, I don’t think it’s very flattering with my skin color. I also hesitate about wearing yellow because I don’t think it does anything for me.

GiveMeColour,
    Based on your description, I would categorize you as a Deep Autumn. Every feature doesn’t need to line up exactly with the description, and the actual application of color makes the biggest difference. If you feel good in the color, that is the strongest indicator.
    Good luck dear,
    Reachel

14. Maggie says

Hi, I love your blog.

I have no idea what type I am and go nuts, because of it. My eyes are quite similar to your warm and fresh eye. However, my hair is dark brown, as are eyebrowes and eyelashes. I can’t be than spring, can I?

Hair has a golden sheen. The most of veins are greenish. Skin tone is yellowish. I try to avoid sun, because I rather burn than tan. In childhood I used to have freckles. Sounds like an autumn, doesn’t it?

But my colors aren’t so definitely warm and I look much better in pure white and black then in orange. The best colors for me are: navy, crimson, teal, very dark chocolate brown, very light grey. Definitely muted ones. The worst are bright ones, for example dodger blue and neon green. Also creamy white, charcoal and medium grey.

Sorry for writing so much, but have you any idea, what type I am?

Can I just recommend a site please?

This supports your site and will help these women as it has helped me.

dressing your truth.com shows a new way to see what suits and what doesn’t, what colours to wear and what styles to cut and colour your hair. Try it, check it out.
    Meredith

16. Anonymous says

This is a great way to break this down!

I’m definitely a winter! I’m still trying to figure out which winter I am, but while I figure that out, I wanted to know something. Is it safe to say that as long as you’re a winter, you can wear any of the colors in the winter palettes (Clear, Cool, Deep)?

Meredith,

I actually just finished reading both of Carol’s books. It’s Just your Nature, and Dressing your Truth. Both were very interesting. I’m not sure I agree with every sentence, but I like the overall theory and see some truths in it.

Thanks for reading!
    R

Reachel,
    Agreed. After 21 days reading all around it I gleaned some wisdom but lots of confusion still. I think the makeovers are great but I cannot see consistent parameters in this face shapes.
    I’d love you ro take a look at my picture. I’ve been told 2 seasons and the expense of trying to buy make up,
    & clothes is becoming too much.
    Kindly, Meredith

When I was young I had very dark brown eyes, olive skin and golden brown hair. As I have aged I now have brown/black hair, a more ruddy olive complexion (redder in face) but olive still and my eyes are a deep, deep green with dark, dark brown outter rim, and shades of brown over the green like brown organza over deep olive green lining. My skin is still olive but lighter than it was. I’m similar to Liz Taylor I suppose but a couple of shades deeper skin. Who am I?
    Can you please preview pics?
    Meredith

According to the “How to Choose Color …” I’m Cool & Brilliant
    According to the eye color chart I’m Warm & Rich

Skin tone: I’m not sure; it’s very very pale, on the pink side
    Eyes: Medium brown
    Hair: Mousy brown, I was born blond (ash blond).

Hair and eye colors would imply Soft Summer but my skin tone might send me to Cool Summer.

21. Patrice says

I am a senior woman with gray hair, light white/gray in the front and darker gray in the back. When I was younger, I always wore some shade of strawberry blond or auburn or reddish brown on my hair and favorite colors were cream, beige, taupe, aqua and turquoise and deep peaches or mango. I have blue/green eyes that look more steel blue from a distance. Now that I am gray, I am in a quandary as to what colors to wear. I am totally turned off to black, red, fuchsia,and navy looks terribly aging on me. How does a woman with gray hair figure out what season they are?

22. Patrice says

I forgot to say that I have ivory skin, and am often told my skin color is like “peaches and cream” although I myself do not see it. Toned down or too muted colors make me look tired and pale colors make me look washed out. But bright primary colors are overwhelming on me. I could send you a picture if you tell me how to do so.

GiveMeColour,
    It sounds like you are deep (high contrast between hair, eyes, lips, and face). It also sounds like you may have lost some of your pigmentation as you have aged, which is quite common. You may have previously been a deep autumn, and shifted to a clear winter. It’s difficult to say without seeing you in person for a color draping, but you are welcome to send me a picture to review.

Good luck!

24. Anonymous says

Hello Reachel,
    Fantastic post but I’m another awkward one completely confused by the whole ‘colour thing’! I’d love to send you a photo to see what you think if that’s ok. Thank you in advance.

Hi Rachael! Hoping you can help me find my season. I have dark brown hair (naturally) with not really any obvious warmth. My skin is very fair with blue/purple veins, yet I believe (and have been repeatedly told) I’m more warm or neutral, not cool. My eyes are a brighter olive with a golden sunburst and spokes. But dark green (or olive) is the overall look. My hair is currently a copper red and everyone seems to love it (I do!). I’ve always been told I look good in black, and bright reddish orange. I don’t like myself in camel or khaki, or army green AT ALL. But I do look good in a lot of greens-bright emerald, moss, etc. I’ll send a picture if I am able to. I’ve thought deep autumn (since my natural hair color is quite dark), but my really fair skin confuses me. I would appreciate any thoughts you would be willing to share! Thank you!

• says

I was able to post a few pics if you look under “posts” on my profile, as opposed to “pictures”. Some are silly but they best show my skin and eyes in natural light. The one with dark hair is my natural color hair. I’ve been dark, highlighted, blonde, and now red.

26. Katherine says

Hi Rachel
    I’m confused if I’m a clear winter or clear spring.

I have pale skin and green eyes (quite green but with a golden circle in the middle and navy circle around the outer). I’ve been dying my brunette hair since I was young so I’m not really sure what my natural shade is but it seems to be a medium brown and it has some copper in it, and now some grey. Even when my hair was dyed black (currently dark chestnut) it still had a bit of copper coming through.
    I look best in the strong colours of both clear spring and clear winter – cobalt, bright green etc… but it would be nice to differentiate between the two palettes.

I hope you can help!

Thanks.

27. Katherine says

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! It will help me to get out of my mummy frump stage to sort out my colouring.

28. Anonymous says

I can’t tell if I’m a light spring or light summer. My eyes look like the light spring photo, but my hair has always been a cool shade of blonde.My skin has some warmth to it and when I tan, it turns a golden hue. I have never looked good in greys, but also look terrible in orange and yellow. Could I be a combination of the two?

Hi, I am loving this blog! Do you have advice for people have both cool and warm elements. I have cool, fair, pinkish (as I’ve aged) skin, but dark brown hair with reddish natural highlights. My eyes are cool green/gray eyes, but with that warm ring around the middle. Seems I could fit anywhere but spring!

Hi Barkla Blogger,

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to help you. Unfortunately, I have been getting so many complimentary color typing requests, I was falling behind on my other orders. If you would like a color analysis, please find the button to purchase a $12 color analysis service at the bottom of this post.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi there, I would love to do so! Unfortunately I was unable to do so. I’m in Canada; does your payment service allow for Canadians? I did send am e-mail also to you, so if you can’t answer here, I’ll await your response there. Thanks!

How do I narrow down which spring I am: I seem to fall under the clear spring based in the description and photos, but I look sickly when I wear any of those color examples. I don’t fit the warm spring but those colors look better on me; over all though soft autumn colors seem to be the very best on me.

Rebecca Herbst

Thanks for commenting! I would adore the opportunity to to help you. Unfortunately, I have been getting so many complimentary color typing requests, I was faltering in my ability to deliver to my other orders. If you would like a color analysis, please find the button to purchase a $12 color analysis service at the bottom of this post.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Wow! I just discovered this site!

I just discovered I must be a “Warm & Fresh” – I have blue/green/grey hazel eyes with golden rings around the pupils, a fair complexion (don’t know if it’s warm or cool, though), and brown hair with greys starting to sneak in here and there.

I’ll be celebrating my “big 5-0″ in a few weeks, and I’ve been colouring my hair, for the last year or so, with the view in mind of staying as close to my normal hair colour as possible – just a bit lighter to (hopefully) help to better disguise the greys. I may go back to medium brown, as opposed to the Light Caramel Brown I have been most recently using.

I tend to gravitate towards green(!), teal, turquoise, certain shades of purple, and natural/neutral tones like browm, nude/beige, grey, black, white, ivory – I look horrid in navy blue! I can pull off SOME shades of orange/coral, but I don’t wear pink. I shy away from anything very bright, and am not a big fan of red – too many years wearing it in my school uniform!

This information has been soooo helpful! THANK YOU!!! :0)

35. Ashleigh says

I wonder if you can help me, because I can’t make head nor tail of what season I am.

My skin is porcelain/ rosy beige, my eyes are a very soft grey-blue, and my hair is a dark reddish brown.

I suit teal, and burgundy, but also red, emerald green, and beige.

Hi Ashleigh (pretty name spelling),

Thanks for commenting! I would adore the opportunity to to uncover your color compatibility. Unfortunately, I have been getting so many complimentary color typing requests, I was faltering in my ability to deliver to my other orders. If you would like a color analysis, please find the button to purchase a $12 color analysis service at the bottom of this post.

Hope to hear from you soon!

37. Anonymous says

I have gotten a little confused after having done a couple of tests – out of the four colours, navy blue would suit me the best. My eyes are a clear grey blue, I have light skin that easily burns (and which freckles after some time in the sun) with cool pinkish undertones, yet my strawberry blonde hair makes it impossible for me to consider myself a true summer. I also become extremely pale in any type of pastels or camel/beige colours and the warm colours of my autumn mother do not suit me either. What season am I??

Ok I have the warm and fresh eyes that are blue/yellow so they look green. Medium brown hair with red and blonde highlights. But I have pink undertones in my skin. I wear more of the clear spring colors and don’t look good in dusty blues or pinks. Am I on the right track?

Jonni,

It sounds like a lovely combination, but it’s hard to tell without pictures and a few more pieces of information. If you’re interested in a thorough analysis, I offer very affordable color consultations available for purchase in the post above.

In the meantime, trust how the actual colors look on you over blanket categorizations. Experiment with as many colors as you can and remember that the examples are only that.

Best,
    R

Hi Reachel, my coloring confuses people. I’ve been draped as a summer, spring and twice as an autumn! Likely soft autumn is correct. My hair color is taupy camel shading underneath to medium bronze/brown. Skin is very light warm olive. My eye color is dark grey with a hint of teal? in sunlight. Camel is probably my best color. I look clownish in rose lipstick. Suggestions?

41. Helen says

I think iam deep winter with warm autumn. sometimes my skin has dark depths with some golden feeling but i dont think that i belong to deep autumn cause i have light brown hair. The colors that suits me best for hair are chocolate-copper/orange-copper and light browns/bronde..

42. Anonymous says

Hi Reachel, I came out as a Dark Autumn on the border of Deep Winter and I can’t figure out which lipsticks are better for me. I have dark brown hair, green eyes with a brown circle around my pupil and beige skin. I’ve tried some lipsticks of the Dark Autumn palette but some colors like rust or intense peach seem to be too warm for me; I think it happens because I am just on the border between Autumn and Winter or have a very neutral skintone. Can you give me some advice? I can’t figure out which colors of the dark autumn palette are the most neutral that could be good for me. Thank you.

Please help… I am confused. I tried to figure out my colors and each way I look at it I come up with different responses. I used my eye pattern (which is bright blue eye color with deep blue outline) and believed myself to be “cool + brilliant”. However when I used the natural colors (hair, eyes, and skin tone) I came up with all sorts of contradictory answers. My skin tone is a pinkish pale tone with lots of light colored freckles. I thought that placed me in the “light summer, cool summer, light spring” categories. Then the natural eye color didn’t seem to have a category for my color at all. My natural hair is strawberry blonde which placed me in the “warm spring,warm autumn” categories. I don’t believe it is possible to be cool, light, and warm OR summer, spring, and autumn all at the same time. Can you please help me

44. Lina says

Hello.
    I know this is a old post, but Im wondering, which season do my iris belong to?

I always thought I was a summer but when i look at the iris chart, my iris doesnt have crackled glas details. :S

I keep ending up being a mix of clear/light spring (brights make me feel alive, cool-pastels and neutrals like beige and too much black/grey wash me out unless wearing black with gold :S) and soft autumn or summer (I loved muted cool colors as well as long as they are not too “icy”. Navy/Burgundy/Old rose/Taupe). One stylist said I was soft-warm but my eyes are grey-blue, skin is pinkish pale and my natural hair is dark neutral-mousy blonde.
    Without makeup: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/10434386134_88e0404277_o.jpg (my real hair is less reddish/golden)

Thanks in advance if answering! :3

Ive been placed as a Deep Autumn, Deep Winter, and recently a Summer??? I am starting to wonder if it makes sense at all.
    When I was younger I was very dark skinned and golden brown hair, as I aged my skin is cool and my eyes are still dark and my hair is dark. Yet I can move between the “groups” so I don’t know. I tried for 3 years reading books here and there and trying on clothes and I never fitted into one category… but I did spend a lot of money trying to figure it out.
    Take heart. You may just be you!

One thing that is overlooked in the colour theory is that eyes change colour depending on health issues in the body.
    ie: Liz Taylor often had either blue or purple eyes. Eyes can take on a purple hue if your lymphatic system is in trouble. They can turn green if you have liver/gall bladder troubles. Your hair will go darker and darker if you have over stressed adrenal glands signalling exhaustion and stress overload. These things can change – if we change our wardrobes to suit all that, how could we ever keep up?
    I like the capsule wardrobe idea where they say our basics are the cake and the accessories are the frosting. Then you have a few basics and can change from night to day etc., with a few simple changes in accessories according to the flush in your cheeks, the colours in your eyes that don’t change and the shades of your veins. See David Zyla.com

47. Anonymous says

hi, i’m just commenting because i’ve spent so long trying to work this out and finally found something that worked. first i had a color analysis from Reachel in which she identified my most likely season and her second choice. She had really seen warmth that no one else (but me) had noticed, so she nailed the two options. I tried her first choice and it didn’t quite feel right, so I tried Zyla’s system and realized the Zyla colors lined up precisely with her second choice. So I would say you can’t get a more reasonable analysis than Reachel (I’ve paid over $100 in the past and had less luck) and then from there if you need to refine see where Zyla gets you. Good luck to all!

48. Allison/Alice says

Nope, nope. This made me walk away much more confused than going in. By eye color, I’m a warm spring/Warm autumn or a deep autumn/deep winter. On skin color, I’m a clear winter/springs/light summer. Then on hair (My being a black-brown-dark grey really neutral) says clear spring/deep autumn/deep winter/clear winter or clear winter/deep winter/deep autumn or clear spring/winters/cool summer. The sad thing is, some colors on all of the palates look absolutely terrible on me and then there are some worst colors that look great. Am I just a wild card?

This is a good guide. People aren’t always certain what color will look best on them- whether they are dyeing their hair or buying clothes. The thing is, some hairdressers aren’t much help either.

If someone is shopping for a color that you will use at home, this guidance will definitely be appreciated.

Lina,

You are stunning. I love your hair and eye combination. And your skin is flawless. You actually do have qualities of a summer eye. The separation between the white and iris is soft. The pattern is more mixed which makes sense because you are a blended season. With your natural hair color, I would probably type you as a soft summer, however with your warm red hair, I believe you shift into Soft Autumn. You’ll have to try the colors out and let me know. If you would like a more in depth analysis, I’d be happy to complete a color analysis for you. You can purchase the service for $12 via the link in the post above. Hope to hear from you again soon :)

Miss GiveMeColour Meredith :)
    So true. Every complexion is unique, just like each body type and signature style is unique. The color categories are just starting points, which allow the collection of similar colors so everything doesn’t have to be rediscovered from scratch. While this solution may not be a perfect fit for everyone, hopefully it helps open new ideas and avoid issues for some. But I think you make a valid point. Let your personal experience guide you and embrace your unique self :)

Allison/Alice,
    When evaluating color, skin is the most important factor. You want to be able to mirror and contrast the hues in your cheeks and eyes

It sounds like your eyes are hazel and your hair is dark brown. However, I’m not sure about your skin.

I’d love to help you with a color analysis. Feel free to purchase one for $12 in the post above. You sound like a fun combination. I’m sure we can find something to give you some direction :)

R

53. Anonymous says

Please help me!!!!!!! My natural hair color ranges from light white blonde to dark golden blonde with light and medium red streaks, i have a lot of different shades in my hair and in winter my hair is just dark blonde with dark red and golden blonde and dark brown streaks. My eyes are definitely warm and fresh, they’re light blue, light green, medium turquoise and light yellow and the ring around my iris is light green and the ring seperating the colored part of my eye from the white part is dark turquoise. I really have no idea about my skin but it is extremely pale and when i tan it gets really dark. I have a golden undertone and a lot of freckles, and my veins are turquoise. I dyed my hair dark ash brown (almost black) and it made my eyes look really clear and vivid but my (at the time pale) skin looked really washed out.turqouise and light purple look the best on me.

Hi Reachel,
    LOVE all the information you have here!I’ve been trying to determine my season and the more I look into it the more confused I become. haha I think I am a Soft Autumn but I would love to get a color analysis from you to make sure.Unfortunately the link won’t let me purchase it. Is there any other way for me to do this?
    Thanks, Kim

I took a look at your charts, and I’m definitely a combination of both deep winter and deep autumn. I do not look good in olive or amber tones. But, the ‘worst colors’ were 100% on point for me for both deep autumn and deep winter. I can wear a great dark charcoal, but as far as dusty and pastel colors = I look terrible in them! Very helpful…Thank you!

I am a bit confused between spring and autumn. I believe I crossover. I have pale olive skin, golden/reddish/blonde/brown hair and olive green eyes with gold flecks and a amber ring in the center. I tend to look best in clear bright colors, like royal blue,purple and true red. White does not work for me, but cream is fantastic!Silver jewelry looks better on me as gold tends to fade away. Thoughts?

I am lost! Haha I did the color draping thing in the 80’s -90’s? and I was told that I was a summer and that my best color was periwinkle. I have light olive skin that turns really dark if i tan and i only sunburn if i am in the sun longer than 3 hours. I have dark blue eyes with light golden yellow ring around pupil and a darker greyish blue around the iris. My eyes change full color from a: soft greenish grey, to grey to denim blue, to greyblue, to dark blue, my eyes have no white or silver flecks. I have the ugliest natural hair color: dishwater blonde is my natural hair color but i always dye it red cause i love the color on me. My husband does too. I think My best color is burnt orange..i get complements all the time when i wear it. I look horrible in neon colors but i wear them sometimes for fun. I think i look bad in black and white and many shades of blue…but i dont know if i REALLY do or not. I like rose gold jewlery. ;) wish i knew how to add a pix…then i wouldnt have to write all of this! Oy! Help? Thanks in advanced! :D

Hi what a great thing ur doing for ppl!!! Im obessed now of what colour I am I had a professional analysis two days ago and now im more confussed. . She said im spring but happy to give me summer colours. ive always been strawberry blonde tho its duller now. My hair is dyed chestnut. Ive blue eyes with some yellow. I thinl my skin is pink and pale. On the day gold looked great on me but now im thinking im cool. Ive no idea. Id love send u a pic

I’ve never fit into any color category.
    I have dark ash brown hair that now has some grey,
    Hazel eyes that have dull green rims with a lot of medium golden brown around the pupil (burnt sienna).
    I think my skin color is neutral and between light and medium.
    When I was young and my hair turned medium golden brown by the sun and I was tanned I looked great in orange
    But once I cut my hair off and discovered I really have dark ash brown hair, not much looks right. Definitely not orange! I can wear medium pink and ice pink, as they go with my hair, but they clash with my eyes. Black is a little too dark for me.
    I’ve never been able to wear red or any dark color lipstick. I have dark hair, medium light skin, and medium eyes. I am not light, deep, or muted!
    Do you have any ideas?

Hi Reachel! I just discovered your site via pintrest! And I think it’s really neat. I read through the colors/seasons. I think I’m in the winter category but I don’t quite fit in. I’ve got black-blue hair, black brown eyes with a dark rim, and pale skin that can tan easily but just as easily burn without any sunblock . I’m equally fine in either silver or gold jewelry, though I prefer silver toned. Colors, I’m drawn to jewel colors, but I like bold colors too like red or yellow. I’m interested in an color analysis but the button above isn’t working. Are you still doing the color anaylsis?~Tina

Hello, I have light brown to blonde hair, clear blue eyes, freckles, bluefish purple veins under my wrist and look great in red. Am I a mix of something? Can’t figure it out. Thanks for any help!

62. Anonymous says

Hi Reachel. I’m from one of the asian countries and i always am enjoying ur posts. And your posts inspires me and my country and many people around the world. I just want you to know that there are many asian people who have porcelain skin tones. And I am the one myself too. I have blue black hair and dark brown(almost black(is it weird to say eye color is black? lol)) eyes and my skin tone is porcelain and my eyebrows are like peculiar feature. Without the eye color you described, i am suitable for Clear Winter type. And the colors too. Icy colors are my best colors and I always have to have contrasts. Asian people don’t always have to be deep autumns or deep winters. Asian people DO have all the seasonal skin types. What I meant to say is that please don’t narrow people down. There are so many people who have sensitively different features. I hope my comment doesn’t offend you.

• Anonymous says

Oh and I don’t know if you want to know FYI, In my country, Autums are many then Summers then Springs then Winters. Though Asian ppls eyes r dark and tho skins r darker than caucasians, I can see many summers and springs around me as Autumns. And winters r not so many actually.

63. Danie says

Wow I love your Blog.
    I’m pretty sure I’m a Summer. But its so hard to determind wich one. I’m definitely not a Light Summer. I think either a soft or a cool one, I have blue/grey eyes and dark-blonde/ light-brown hair. I’m very very pale and my skin lacks color. Is there a way to tell for sure which one is more fitting?

64. Anonymous says

Please help! I have looked at so many sites to try to figure this coloring thing out. Can you tell me what i am? I naturally have medium to dark brown hair. I have eyes that are light. They go from dark blue on the outer ring of the iris then blue/green and then a ring of amber in the center. My skin is light with freckles but my veins have a slight greenish tint but are blue/green. I look sickly without blush.

Thanks!!- chi girl

65. Anonymous says

From what I have seen about cool and warm colors, Asians cannot be summer or spring as Anonymous thinks they can. Their skin tones have a golden hue and the thickness is also another thing to consider which can make some to appear porcelain. That is why they have a separate category and can fit in autumn and winter, but definitely not summer and spring, even if they were to use skin lighteners.

66. Anonymous says

I have no idea which season I am. I have been trying to figure it out for a while now with no success, so hopefully someone here can help. I have natural red hair, and with somewhat of an orange tint to it. It has natural blonde and darker red highlights throughout it, too, which is warm. I have light blue eyes, which can also be warm. My skin has a pink undertone to it. The veins on my wrists look like a bluish/purple color, which is cool. So, I have no idea what season I am. Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction because I have, in my opinion, successfully pulled off some of the colors in each season, and there are some colors in each season that I feel I shouldn’t even look at.

I can’t decide if I am soft autumn or warm spring. I think I have finally decided I look better in ivory then white. I can’t really tell if my veins are more green or blue. my hair has sime gold tones in the blonde and my hairdressers always tell me my hair is not ashy. my eyes are green/hazel with a golden ring around the iris.

I have very pale skin with yellow/green undertones, (maybe a small bit of purple in there), dark brown hair with red highlights, dark hazel eyes with an orange ring around the center, and my cheeks flush easily. I can identify certain colors, which make me look either dead or undead; almost all dusty colors, certain “rich” colors, maroon, light flat beige, black if worn alone (but not with other colors, or white). Unfortunately, I can’t seem to identify, which colors look great. I can wear both silver and gold and most clear reds seem to work ok. Is it possible to just be an anti- (specific season)?

69. Enter the Paradox says

I question myself when something is slightly off so I thought I may as well see what other people think my type may be here.
    I have naturally light brown or dark blonde hair (depending on who you ask). It has both ash and golden tones. My eyes are light blue with a dark blue rim around the outside. Sometimes they are a really piercing blue but at other times they are blue-gray.
    The veins under my skin mostly appear as blue but I can see a little bit of green here and there. My face takes makeup that looks completely pink and somehow makes it look orange on my face.
    I hate yellow and light pastels look awful on me. I look good in colors such as navy, charcoal gray, black, and dark, vibrant jewel tones. Bright colors that are not dark look awful. The shade of purple that looks best on me has more red in it than blue.
    Imagine the whitest person you have ever met and that is probably my skin color, but as a child when I went outside a lot my skin got very dark and seemed to have golden tones…? My hair was very light blonde as a child, probably due to the sun and chlorine, and seemed to be more yellow than ash then as well. So another question would be whether or not people can change over time, but my most likely type is the priority question. I have a few types that I think are possible, and one as most likely, and I suppose I just hope that you will come to the same conclusion as I did with the most likely type. :) I’m not telling you what it is yet as I think that will ruin objectivity. Thanks. <3

Well, i’m oftenly told that i’m a cool summer. But I really hope i’m a bright spring. I still can’t get what my skin tone is

hi … I’ve been told I’m a Winter and a spring and recently an autumn. I’m Irish with medium ash brown with some gold flecks faintly. Skin is light beige with yellow undertone,green veins but I’m not very warm can have high colouring,Eyes are blue with flecks of white and tiny bits of green at iris. I think I’m neutral -cool and clear.
    as I usually find greens and navies are my best colours ..
    mucky colours are awful on me and bright but non neon shades are good , am I on the right track .
    sisters trying to convince me I’m autumn as they are both light summers so they perceive me as dark and warm… Any help greatly appreciated ?

Thanks a mill,
    Laura

72. Anonymous says

I have natural golden highlights in hair, golden skin, and hazel eyes. The hazel eyes are dark green, light brown, and gold.

My natural hair color is dark brown and my eyes are exactly the same as shown in the “warm and fresh”picture, now here’s the part that confuses me, I have dyed my hair blonde. Does that mean that my season has changed as well? Or did my season change within my season? [For example: clear spring to light spring] ?? I’d really appreciate an answer!!

74. Simona says

I just want to know my season, too. Acording to my friends my coloring is strange and I just can’t see myself in any of season describtions.
    My natural hair is now mousy brown with some coolishnes, it used to be blonde untill my puberty. My eyes are deep brown, almost black, again with coolishnes. They are not warm like chocolate brown. My skin tone is ivory, pinkish. I look good in blue, white and grey.

75. Caitlin says

I’ve always had a difficult time figuring out which category I fall in. I think that I fall in the “clear” category on the wheel. My skin is porcelain white with ruddy red undertones, but I have very dark brown hair and eyes. Does this make me a winter?