So here are the steps:
1. Get into your dainties – most of us don’t wear clothes on top of clothes, so for accuracy’s sake, disrobe. While measuring, keep the tape taut (not too tight, not too loose). You may want a friend, of an intimate nature since you are exposed, to help you (mother, sister, husband).
2. Measure your bust - across the fullest part of your of your bosom and straight across the back.
3. Measure your waist - somewhere in the vicinity of your navel. Feel for a curvature and get the circumference.
4. Measure your hips – navigate the tape around the fullest part of your bottom, around the curve of your hips, and straight across to the front.
5. A little math – don’t worry, just get a calculator or use my spreadsheet below.
- Divide the hip number by your waist number (hip/waist)
- Divide your bust number by your waist number (bust/waist)
- Divide your waist number by your hip number (waist/hip)
- Divide your waist number by your bust number (waist/bust)
Upper Figure (Ample Bust)
Middle Figure (Soft Tummy)
Lower Figure (Full Hip, Bottom)
Linear (Straight, Athletic)
1 hundred 98 cents = your own upper figured fashion look book cheat sheet.